2022 Volkswagen Tiguan Changes: What’s New?
Ever since previews of the European model were released several months ago, U.S. drivers have been waiting on the edges of their seats for news of the 2022 Volkswagen Tiguan changes. Now we finally have more information, and we couldn’t be more excited for its arrival at our dealership in September! The 2022 VW Tiguan redesign updates numerous components of its interior and exterior. Although performance is more or less unchanged, we hope you’ll agree that these changes can make every West Des Moines and Johnston drive more enjoyable.
2022 VW Tiguan Redesign: Exterior Changes
When the 2022 Volkswagen Tiguan starts cruising the roads of Des Moines and Urbandale in September, these changes to the exterior design are bound to catch your attention:
- LED headlights and horizontal daytime running lights now come standard on the base-level Tiguan trim.
- The badging, bumper design, grille design have all been updated for the new year, giving the Tiguan a sportier, more upscale look. The VW logo has been updated, and the Tiguan badge is now centered on the rear liftgate.
- A selection of new wheel designs are also being introduced for the new year, with sizes ranging from 17 inches to 20 inches.
- Two new Tiguan colors are being introduced: Kings Red Metallic and Oryx White.
2022 VW Tiguan Changes: Interior Design and Technology
If you’re considering an upgrade, we can’t wait for you to get behind the wheel! You’ll have all of the following 2022 Tiguan changes to look forward to:
- The old analog gauge cluster has disappeared, and a new 8-inch Digital Cockpit now comes standard. A 10-inch Digital Cockpit that offers more opportunities for customization is still available as an upgrade.
- The infotainment system sees numerous updates too, including Wireless Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™! These are standard on all trims except for the base model, and a wireless charging pad has also been made available.
- Haptic touch controls replace hard keys for the climate control system and the steering-wheel mounted controls.
- Two- and three-row interior configurations both remain available for model-year 2022. However, models equipped with the 4MOTION® AWD system are not available with the third row.
Last but not least, we should point out that the IQ.DRIVE® safety suite is standard on all models except for the base trim, where it is available as an optional upgrade. Check out our guide to the 2021 VW Tiguan interior to get a better sense of what to expect.
Be Among the First to Take the 2022 VW Tiguan for a Test Drive!
If you’re also excited about the 2022 Tiguan changes, you’ll definitely want to keep an eye on our new Tiguan inventory. If you’re already eager to reserve your turn behind the wheel, all you need to do is let us know! We’d also be happy to provide you with any more information that we learn before its arrival.
More About Volkswagen Models
In 2024, Volkswagen is releasing one of their most exciting new vehicles in America. With a design reminiscent of the Type 2 Microbus (or, as many know it, the VW bus), the Volkswagen ID. Buzz has its feet planted in both the legacy of Volkswagen and the future of electric vehicles. Johnston drivers have…
If you’re concerned about fuel efficiency on the Urbandale roads, why not go for one of the most fuel-efficient sedans on the market today? The 2022 VW Jetta is that model for you, providing up to 34 combined MPG* on your daily commutes. This sedan is powered by a 1.5L engine, so it slides through…
If you’re one to reminisce about the good old times, the Volkswagen ID. Buzz will surely hit that spot for you. The 2024 VW ID. Buzz brings new upgrades while keeping some iconic highlights that hardcore VW fans will remember. As an electric and practical vehicle, this model is easy on the eyes and…
Whether you’re interested in a performance car that is fun to drive and wallet-friendly or you’re considering one of the best new cars, the new Volkswagen Golf GTI fits all of those shoes. The 2022 VW Golf GTI has been named one of the best cars this year by Autotrader, specifically applauding its “compelling…
Designed to be an electric vehicle for a wide variety of lifestyles in Des Moines, the 2022 Volkswagen ID.4 has everything and more that you expect for your next vehicle. Find out exactly why the VW ID.4 deserves to be your first choice as the team at Lithia Volkswagen of Des Moines go over the pricing, performance, dimensions, and…