2020 Volkswagen Jetta MPG Ratings
Fully redesigned, the 2020 Volkswagen Jetta gets several new standard infotainment features for the 2020 model year. Thanks to a variety of tech innovations, this fuel-sipper boasts some of the most impressive MPG estimates available in a non-hybrid sedan. An estimated 30 miles on downtown Des Moines streets and a whopping 40 miles on the highway, the Jetta is designed to save you money at the gas pump.
Curious about engines and performance specs across the Jetta configurations? Keep reading to learn more about the innovations that achieve the impressive Jetta MPG.
2020 Jetta Fuel Economy: Performance Specs
Even if you choose a Jetta configuration with the automatic transmission upgrade, you’ll still benefit from the same EPA-estimated 30/40 city/highway MPG on your Urbandale commute. Standard Jetta MPG and engine specs are as follows:
- 1.4L TSI® 16-valve DOHC in-line 4-cylinder turbocharged engine
- 30/40 city/highway MPG
- Direct injection and intercooler
- 147 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque
- 13.2-gallon fuel tank
- Drag coefficient of .27
Jetta Fuel Economy: Better with Tech
How does Volkswagen achieve the exceptional Jetta fuel economy? In a word, innovation. Every Jetta is equipped with advanced fuel-saving systems to help it use every drop of fuel, even in downtown West Des Moines traffic. No matter which of the Jetta configurations you choose, you’ll know you’re driving a car that’s designed to use fuel responsibly. Here are just a few Jetta fuel economy innovations:
- Efficient Transmission Options — Even if you upgrade from the fuel-sipping 6-speed manual transmission that comes on the base trim, you don’t have to sacrifice great Jetta fuel economy.
- Tiptronic® — This features helps save fuel with the 8-speed automatic transmission by adapting manual characteristics to the automatic gearbox. The driver is able to override the automatic settings via a torque converter, instead of the clutch found in manual transmissions.
- Start-Stop System — This advanced performance feature boosts Jetta MPG by automatically shutting off the engine any time the vehicle comes to a stop. The second you place your foot back on the gas pedal, the system re-engages the engine.
- XDS® Cross Differential System — Available on the R-Line Jetta configurations, this feature applies braking pressure to the inside front wheels for sharper handling around corners.
- Driving Mode Selector — On the SEL and SEL Premium trims, select from Eco, Normal, Sport, and Custom modes to prioritize handling or maximize Jetta fuel efficiency.
Compare Jetta Configurations with Lithia Volkswagen of Des Moines
Still deciding which of the Jetta trim levels is right for you? Our knowledgeable team can help you compare Jetta trims and features to find the one that fits your lifestyle in Johnston best. Fill out an online financing application and calculate your monthly payments to get started today!