Brake Repair FAQ - Lithia Volkswagen of Des Moines
Getting Brake Repairs in Johnston: How to Know if They're Required
- Brakes that feel soft or "squishy" as you press down on the brake pedal.
- The car drags to one particular side as you are applying the brakes.
- The steering wheel rattles while you are braking.
- Brakes that seem to pulse down and up while you brake.
- The entire vehicle shakes whenever the brakes are applied.
- A squealing sound happens while braking.
How Frequently is Brake Repair Necessary?
For many aspects of your vehicle's maintenance, you will find a fixed routine and timeline of when you might be prepared to need servicing; oil changes, tire rotations and multi-point inspections all have a specific mileage when they may be required. In regards to your brakes, however, there's no set service schedule, which means that you'll need to rely on your own knowledge of your vehicle or the experience of a Johnston brake repair specialist to find out if maintenance is needed. How regularly you'll need brake repairs in Des Moines or Johnston could be impacted by how much you drive along with where you drive. For instance, if you drive merely 5,000 miles annually, yet it's chiefly in heavily populated places with stop-and-go-traffic, your brakes will likely need replacing more quickly than somebody who drives 25,000 miles each year on the open freeways. In the event you hear or feel one of the given warning signs that you could need brake maintenance, contact Lithia Volkswagen of Des Moines now to schedule your brake repairs in Johnston immediately.
IMPORTANT RECALL INFORMATION: Some of our pre-owned vehicles may be subject to unrepaired safety recalls. Check for a vehicle's unrepaired recalls at safecar.gov.